English | ISBN: 0241566053 | 272 pages | EPUB | June 22, 2022 | 307 Mb
Epic landscapes, abundant wildlife and unforgettable adventures – welcome to Alaska.
Whether you want to be awed by its jaw-dropping scenery, spend time in the national parks, or learn about the rich historical roots of native culture, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Alaska has to offer.
Alaska is an outdoor enthusiast’s dream. This vast state is chock-full of national parks and public lands, all ripe for adventure. What’s more, every region has its own distinct terrain: roam barren tundra in the Arctic, lush rainforests in the southeast and craggy peaks in the Interior. But towns and cities dazzle, too. Top restaurants and Gold Rush history abound in the state capital Juneau, while Ketchikan, home to the world’s largest display of totem poles, is the place to be for native history and culture.
Our updated guide brings Alaska to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights, trusted travel advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the state’s iconic buildings and neighbourhoods. We’ve also worked hard to make sure our information is as up-to-date as possible following the COVID-19 outbreak.
– our pick of Alaska’s must-sees, top experiences and hidden gems
– the best spots to eat, drink, shop and stay
– detailed maps and walks which make navigating the state easy
– easy-to-follow itineraries
– expert advice: get ready, get around and stay safe
– colour-coded chapters to every part of Alaska, from Anchorage to The Kenai Peninsula, Prince William Sound to Arctic and Western Alaska
Touring the states? Check out our DK Eyewitness USA